Primal Harvest takes a holistic approach to health and wellbeing, and the team behind the brand thinks of the body as a whole. The brand wants to help keep the entire body in optimum health and not take the approach that a lot of pharmaceutical companies do – trying to treat certain parts of the body.
Primal Harvest creates a variety of products to aid wellness within both the body and the mind (1). One of the biggest selling products across the entire brand is the Primal Greens.
Primal Greens is a Super Greens blend, made from high-quality fruit and vegetables. Like all of the brand’s products, the Primal Harvest Primal Greens blend is created in the US in the Primal Harvest FDA registered and GMP-certified facility.
- Who is Primal Greens For?
- Primal Harvest Primal Greens Benefits
- Primal Harvest Primal Greens Ingredients
- How Does Primal Harvest Primal Greens Taste?
- How Much Does Primal Harvest Primal Greens Cost?
- Primal Harvest Primal Greens Customer Reviews
- How to Buy Primal Harvest Primal Greens
- Primal Harvest Primal Greens Verdict
The Primal Greens blend is marketed towards those that want to reach a more optimum level of health, but don’t have the time or the knowledge to create fulfilling nutritious shakes with a selection of fruit and vegetables.
The Primal Greens blend is also targeted at those who want to have more control over their unhealthy cravings – the powder is marketed to regulate the metabolism and curb unhealthy cravings (2).
The Primal Harvest Primal Greens blend is gluten-free, dairy-free, allergen-free, soy-free and non-GMO. The ingredients don’t seem to have anything that wouldn’t be classed as not vegetarian or vegan. However, Primal Harvest doesn’t market the Primal Greens as vegan or vegetarian.
The Primal Greens mix is packed with an array of ingredients including a variety of superfoods. The mix is packed with the essential vitamins and minerals that we all need to be consuming daily to keep in a good state of health. There is a myriad of ingredients within the Primal Harvest Primal Greens mix, but some take center stage and have the most impressive health benefits.
Primal Harvest claims that the Primal Greens mix has six main benefits. The first is to keep the blood circulating around the body and aid the oxygenation of the red blood cells – the chlorophyll in the mix makes this happen.
The second benefit is to ensure the immune system stays strong and healthy. Unlike other Super Greens powders, Primal Greens includes different varieties of mushrooms in the mix, and Reishi mushrooms boost the immune system.
The third benefit the Primal Greens powder provides is increased and long-lasting energy. The blend of minerals and fatty acids within the mix boosts energy levels and manages sugar levels, to ensure energy is fully stored in the body, not wasted.
The fourth benefit of the mix is that it improves the body’s metabolic rate, due to the presence of green tea extract in the ingredients.
The fifth benefit is that the mix improves brain function, and this happens due to a unique mixture of Maitake, Reishi and Shiitake mushrooms. The sixth and final benefit of the mix is that it promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails – this is achieved due to the amino acids within the powder.
The Primal Harvest Primal Greens powder not only provides these specific benefits, but it also ensures that the consumer is receiving the correct daily dose of vitamins, minerals, and nutrition in a simple and easy way.
You may also be interested in: Our Recommended Greens Powder
The Primal Harvest Primal Greens powder contains 59 ingredients in total. The brand is transparent with the ingredient list, and although it doesn’t feature on the Primal Greens product description, it is found on the back of the tub. Pictures of the ingredients can be found on the Primal Harvest website, on the Primal Greens page.
Out of the 59 ingredients, the brand doesn’t showcase any particular. However, we have taken a look at the most beneficial ingredients within the blend. These ten ingredients will have the most impact on the consumer’s health and wellbeing.
- Chlorella – Chlorella is an alga that boosts the immune system, aids in detoxing the body, lowers cholesterol, balances blood pressure, improves blood sugar levels, aids digestion, supports the health of the liver and improves exercise performance (3).
- Alfalfa Grass – Alfalfa grass contains high levels of vitamin C that help protects cells from damage, vitamin K that helps to regulate blood calcium levels, copper that aids the body in forming collagen and folate that aids in the process of creating DNA (4).
- Wheat Grass – Wheat Grass is packed with antioxidants, aids the digestive process, boosts metabolic rate, increases energy, boosts brain function, lowers cholesterol and regulates blood pressure (5).
- Spinach – Spinach helps to lower the effects of oxidative stress, improves eye health, aids the growth of hair and nails, lowers blood pressure and prevents cancer (6).
- Spirulina – Spirulina is an alga found in both saltwater and freshwater. It has detoxing properties, anti-inflammatory properties, improves muscle strength, lowers cholesterol and may prevent cancer (7).
- Reishi Mushroom – Reishi mushrooms are a type of mushroom found in Asia – it has been used in Eastern medicines for centuries. They boost the immune system, have anti-cancer properties, fight depression and fatigue and control blood sugar levels (8).
- Shitake Mushroom – Shitake mushrooms are brown mushrooms, commonly found in East Asia. They have the same amount of amino acids in them as meat. Shitake mushrooms aid heart health, boost the immune system, strengthen bones and may have anti-cancer properties (9).
- Maitake Mushroom – Maitake mushrooms are commonly found in Japan, China, and North America. Maitake mushrooms are adaptogens – they assist the body with fighting against mental or physical difficulty. Maitake mushrooms boost the immune system, help to prevent and treat breast cancer and lower cholesterol (10).
- Korean Ginseng – Ginseng is a root that has been used in Eastern medicine for centuries. It has detoxing and anti-inflammatory properties, boosts brain function, boosts the immune system, aids with fighting fatigue and may prevent cancer (11).
- 3.5 Billion CFU Probiotics – There are three different types of probiotics used in this probiotic mix. Probiotics aid the digestive process, ensure the microflora in the gut is healthy and balanced, improve mental health and keep the heart healthy (12).
The Primal Harvest Primal Greens mix includes Stevia extract, as well as a variety of fruit extracts, therefore the taste is naturally sweetened. The mix still tastes natural and has the classic and natural Super Greens taste, but due to the natural sweeteners, it’s appealing and tastes light and refreshing.
The Primal Harvest Primal Greens mix can either be purchased as a one-off, or you can purchase three, or six tubs. The tubs of the Primal Harvest Primal Greens powder are 6oz (170g).
Primal Harvest recommends a serving size of 4.4g, and therefore they are proposing that one tub of Primal Greens should last you one month. However, the suggested serving size of 4.4g is extremely small, and you will most likely use double the serving size. Therefore, one tub might only last you 15 days.
One tub, on a one-time purchase, from the Primal Harvest website, will cost you $34.95. If you were to only use a serving size of 4.4g then the cost per serving would be $1.17.
The more tubs you order, the cheaper it is.
- If you order three tubs, the price is $29.95 per tub. This means the cost per serving would be $0.99.
- If you order six tubs, the price is $24.95 per tub. This means the cost per serving would be $0.83.
Due to the small tub size and the small recommended serving size, the Primal Greens looks cost-effective. However, if you use much bigger serving sizes, the Primal Greens mix will end up not being so cost-effective. However, there are big savings if you choose to purchase six tubs rather than one, so if you knew that you were going to use more than one tub a month, it’s definitely better to order more tubs at once.
Usually we will take a look at third party websites to find people’s product reviews. However, Primal Harvest Primal Greens can’t be found anywhere else online except from the Primal Harvest Website. The reviews on the Primal Harvest website will most likely be bias towards the product, and in this case, it surely looks like that’s the case. The 30 reviews on the website are all 5-stars.
We do find it a little bit strange that there are no other reviews of the product anywhere else, and it doesn’t look like the brand is being as transparent as other Super Greens brands. Take a look at a selection of the reviews from the Primal Harvest website below:
I recommended it from my friend. At first time, I didn’t trust it is working good. I’m a marathoner. So Always focusing on maintaining good body status, and nutrition etc. After 1 week taking Primal Greens powder, I felt that sleeping is so comfort and digesting too. It’s working well, and I’ll recommend for my running team members. Thanks!
LOVE adding this to my morning smoothie – I can know I am getting a ton of veggies for the day without worrying what all my meals will look like/include. I have tons more energy and feel so so great! Will definitely continue to buy.
The best part is the natural boost of energy. I work 12 hour shifts and this gives me the energy I need to get through the day without feeling that caffeine crash from coffee. I definitely recommend this product and will be buying more.
Primal Harvest Primal Greens is sold directly on the Primal Harvest website.
The product is not sold on Amazon or any other health and wellbeing supplement sites, and it shouldn’t be confused for ‘LivePrimal’ Super Greens mix available on Amazon.
The Primal Harvest website is trusted and safe to buy from. It also has a 90-day money-back guarantee on all its products.
Primal Harvest Primal Greens has an array of incredibly beneficial ingredients within the mix. The use of mushrooms and probiotics adds an interesting layer into the mix, rather than just being a purely Super Greens mix. However, the Primal Greens tubs are significantly smaller than other brands, and the serving size that Primal Harvest has recommended is very small.
So, although the ingredient list is transparent, the pricing isn’t – it looks cost-effective, but due to the small tubs and small serving size, the brand is almost tricking you into buying a product that will probably only last you 15 days. In addition, the lack of third party reviews online about the Primal Harvest Primal Greens is slightly worrying.
All of the reviews on the Primal Harvest website about the Primal Greens powder are bias towards the product, which is to be expected. However, it doesn’t show that the brand is transparent too well.
Our Recommended Greens
Among the best in green superfood powders is SuperGreen TONIK.
Its amazing how this supplement combines organic greens, brain and immune nutrients, all in one easy, great tasting drink. Plus, you get all the vitamin and mineral you need each day.
- Hi, my name is Sandra! I am the main author and reviewer of Super Greens Expert. I am a keen juicer as I was want to get all my daily veggies. Having found super greens I now use one such supplement daily.