The Dr Fermented Mercola Organic Greens formula is USDA certified organic, soy-free, non-GMO and gluten-free. Although there doesn’t seem to be anything on the ingredients list that would compromise a vegan or vegetarian diet, the formula isn’t marketed as being vegan or vegetarian-friendly.
The Dr Mercola Fermented Organic Greens mix is filled with a variety of organic vegetables, herbs, extracts, mushrooms, and grasses.
Each ingredient has its own long list of health benefits, and therefore with all the ingredients combined, the mix is potent and powerful.
We will take a look at both the overall benefits of greens powder, and some of the specific benefits from highlighted ingredients within the mix below.
- Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens Background
- Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens Benefits
- Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens Ingredients
- How Does Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens Taste?
- How Much Does Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens Cost?
- Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens Customer Reviews
- How to Buy Dr Mercola Greens
- Our Dr Mercola Greens Verdict
Dr Joseph Mercola is a physician that specializes in natural medicines and wants to make a positive change to the health of people all around the world, hence the Dr Mercola brand was created. Dr Mercola produces a myriad of supplements, healthy powders clothes and household products.
With the collaboration of Dr Becker, a holistic veterinarian, the brand even produces supplements and natural medications for pets. The Dr Mercola Organic Greens was created to fill the nutritional gaps in people’s diets, ensuring people received the essential nutrients found in vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, and grasses for optimal overall health.
However, this formula has recently undergone a change and is now Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens. All of the ingredients within the formula are now fermented, which means it’s easier for the body to absorb the nutrients properly, and the ingredients might even be more nutrient-rich.
Due to the fermentation process, the ingredients all contain no sugar, meaning this product can be used by those on no-sugar, low-carb, or keto diets.
The benefits of the Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens aren’t marketed, unlike they are with other super greens formulas – this isn’t a great marketing strategy, because the consumer isn’t told what benefits they will receive by consuming the product.
Essentially, the formula will ensure you are consuming the necessary vitamins and minerals every day before you even start to consume foods.
The mix contains 23 ingredients (all of them fermented and organic) that are split into specific blends according to the type of ingredient. Each blend features distinct benefits.
However, overall, the Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens will detox the body which prevents a radical change in cells, boosts the immune system to aid fighting illness, boost energy levels and exercise performance, lowers stress levels, improves the appearance of the skin, hair, and nails and aids the digestive process.
As mentioned above, the Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens formula contains 23 ingredients that are separated into different proprietary blends, of which there are 5. Proprietary blends don’t show the exact amount of each ingredient, and there the consumer has to have confidence that the brand is putting in the correct amount of each ingredient in order for health benefits to be apparent.
You may also be interested in: Our Recommended Greens Powder
However, as Dr Mercola is a globally known, respected and trusted doctor, the consumer should be in safe hands. The brand is transparent with the total list of ingredients within the formula.
Let’s take a look at the 5 different proprietary blends in the formula, the highlighted ingredients within them and the health benefits that come from each blend.
- Organic Fermented Grass Blend – The Organic Fermented Grass blend contains 4 ingredients – Alfalfa Grass, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, and Wheat Grass. These four ingredients are all packed with essential vitamins and minerals the body needs to function at an optimum level, such as vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, iron, and copper. The ingredients boost the immune system, help the body to absorb nutrients properly, regulate blood flow, lower cholesterol, reduce stress levels and boost the body’s metabolism.
- Organic Fermented Vegetable Blend – The Organic Fermented Vegetable blend features 6 ingredients. The main ingredients highlighted in this blend are spinach, kale, and beetroot. These three ingredients, as well as the others in the blend, are packed with antioxidants that prevent cells in the body from being susceptible to radical change, and vitamins and minerals needed to boost the functions of the body. The ingredients in this blend also boost energy levels, improve the metabolic rate, benefit the immune system and help the body to become more alkaline.
- Organic Fermented Sprout Blend – The Organic Fermented Sprout blend has 5 ingredients. The main sprouts in this blend are alfalfa sports, cauliflower sprouts, and kale sprouts. All of the sprouts within this blend are incredibly nutrient. They improve the health of the digestive system, lower blood sugar levels and may even prevent heart disease.
- Organic Fermented Herb Blend – The Organic Fermented Herb blend contains 7 ingredients. The main ingredients highlighted in this blend are moringa, Tulsi and matcha. These three ingredients and all of the other herbs in the blend help the body to reduce stress and anxiety levels, contain high levels of antioxidants that remove toxins from the body and protect the cells from radical damage, reduce inflammation, treat various illnesses and promote a healthy digestive system and gut.
- Organic Fermented Algae Blend – The Organic Fermented Algae blend is made up of spirulina and chlorella. Spirulina is filled with antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, lowers cholesterol, may protect from cancer and improves muscle repair and growth (1). Chlorella is also full of antioxidants preventing a radical change in cells, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, aids the digestive system, supports functions of the liver, boosts the immune system and boosts energy levels (2).
Although the Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens has natural flavorings from stevia extract and monk fruit extract, the taste is still very earthy, grassy and natural tasting. The mix doesn’t taste unpleasant and it tastes very similar to other organic super greens powders. If you aren’t used to drinking super greens powders, the taste could be overbearing.
There are two options when it comes to purchasing Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens – a 90 servings order, or a 180 servings order. The pouches of Dr Mercola Greens are 270g (9.5oz) which is a standard size tub in comparison to super greens powders produced by other brands for 30 days and Dr Mercola is recommending that this size will produce 90 servings – this seems unrealistic.
Dr Mercola recommends a serving size of 3g (0.1oz) which is an extremely small serving size. If you did use such a small serving size, you might not receive the correct amount of nutrition you were hoping for. However, if you were to use this serving size, one pouch of Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens would last 90 days (consumed once a day).
You will most likely use a much larger serving size, and therefore the entire tub of formula would be consumed much faster than expected.
- 90 servings of Organic Fermented Greens from the Dr Mercola website costs $39.97. If you were to use the recommended serving size of 3g, then the cost per serving would be $0.44. This is a ridiculously cheap cost per serving due to the tiny recommended serving size.
- 180 servings of Organic Fermented Greens from the Dr Mercola website costs $77.97. If you were to use the recommended serving size of 3g, then the cost per serving would be $0.43. Once again, this is a ridiculously cheap cost per serving due to the tiny recommended serving size.
Dr Mercola, as mentioned above, is a globally known, respected doctor of natural medicine and therefore his products prove very popular. Although there are reviews on the Dr Mercola website, we always look at third-party websites for reviews, to ensure it’s unbiased feedback from real customers.
Take a look below to see a couple of the positive reviews of this product below (3):
I bought this green powder and the red powder for myself through the Dr Mercola website. Very easy to take it’s palatable and pleasant enough tasting and I trust Dr. Mercola and his formulas. It has amazing stuff in it and I feel good when I take it and I Will buy it again. I especially like the fact that it is fermented and that the fruit powders have no sugar. Definitely a great product.
I’ve always been cautious of green mixes and usually have fresh products on hand, however; I have a teenager who refuses to eat anything green and thought I’d give this a try. What a pleasant surprise! The first thing I did was “mix” it with several other things…which I think is a natural approach to green powders but was really impressed when I simply mixed it with water by itself. Not only was it tolerable…it was good. DO NOT make the assumption that you need to sweeten it before you try it! It’s already in there and my son is getting his greens every day!
There are also several negative reviews of the product and most of them are concerning the natural taste of the powder. Taste is a very personal matter, and therefore negative reviews concerning taste need to be taken with a pinch of salt because your taste buds might like it!
Take a look at a couple of negative reviews of this product below (3) :
My 3-star review is average. I give this product one star for taste but five stars for value and quality of ingredients. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to finish the package because it tastes so bad to me. I assume this is because of the “natural flavors“ that are added. The taste reminds me of citrus fruit that has started to turn. I would much rather just have the plain, unflavored, unsweetened taste of leafy greens even though it’s kind of like drinking grass. I would really like to see a “plain“ version of these fermented greens.
I immediately got sick upon taking it the first day. I thought it may be a fluke and took it the second day and got sick again. Maybe my body can’t handle the pure ingredients. Just opening the container makes me ill so I returned it. Drinking my greens may not be my thing. If you have a stronger stomach you may be just fine with it. It actually doesn’t have a bad taste to it and went down the first day just fine with a packet of Stevia and water. Don’t let my review stop you from trying it UNLESS you have a weak stomach and get nauseous easily.
A lot of Dr Mercola products, including the Organic Fermented Greens are stocked in high street shops all over the US at stores like Vitamin Shoppe and Pro-Health Pharmacy. Lots of independent health and wellbeing stores also stock this product.
You can also purchase the Organic Greens formula online, either directly on the Dr Mercola website, Amazon or other third-party websites. We always recommend purchasing supplements and powders either in-store or on the brand’s direct website.
Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens is a nutrient-rich formula from a trusted brand that’s guaranteed to provide health benefits and has positive feedback.
However, the amount of product within the pouches and the recommended serving size is extremely questionable – will a serving size so small actually make sure you are receiving adequate benefits from this powder or is the brand trying to look cheap and cost-effective?
In comparison to other brand’s super greens powders, they normally have a similar amount of product in a tub for just 30 servings.
Overall, the Dr Mercola Organic Fermented Greens formula is full of beneficial ingredients, but the size of the pouches and the serving size seems misleading.
Among the best in green superfood powders is SuperGreen TONIK.
Its amazing how this supplement combines organic greens, brain and immune nutrients, all in one easy, great tasting drink. Plus, you get all the vitamin and mineral you need each day.
- Hi, my name is Sandra! I am the main author and reviewer of Super Greens Expert. I am a keen juicer as I was want to get all my daily veggies. Having found super greens I now use one such supplement daily.