The New Vitality Ruby Reds blend is one of the most popular products that New Vitality produces and is a natural mix of fruits, fibers, and probiotics that are packed with antioxidants.
Similar to the New Vitality Royal Greens, the Ruby Reds formula is marketed towards filling the nutritional gap in people’s diets.
The formula has an array of health benefits that we will look at later more closely later in the review, but it is supposed to boost immunity, metabolism and provide the consumer with the vital vitamins and minerals needed for everyday optimum health.
The Ruby Reds formula isn’t certified as a vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or non-GMO product, but the ingredients list doesn’t seem to contain anything that would be compromising for anyone following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
New Vitality is a health and wellbeing brand that produces a variety of supplements for both men and women.
The brands main market lies with older people, those that are conscious about their nutrition and those that want to stay looking younger for longer. New Vitality also produces skincare products.
The brand’s motto is ‘helping people live longer and look younger’ which resonates perfectly with its name. The team behind New Vitality is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of people, as well as improving their appearance.
In addition to the brand committing to creating only the most innovative products with the highest quality ingredients, New Vitality also claims that all of the products are low cost, to ensure everyone can enjoy good health.
The New Vitality Ruby Reds formula has over 50 ingredients, featuring over 25 different fruit extracts, a blend of 6 probiotic strains, a blend of 5 digestive enzymes and 14 vitamins and minerals.
Each ingredient within the formula has its own specific health benefits, but there are overall health benefits the consumer will receive by consuming the product.
The Ruby Reds mix will provide the consumer with a high dose of antioxidants which will not only push the toxins from the body but will also protect the cells from radical change.
The mix will also boost the immune system and aid in maintaining a healthy metabolism. The probiotics in the mix benefit the health of the digestive system and increase the number of healthy bacteria in the gut.
New Vitality claims that just one scoop of Ruby Reds is the equivalent to eating 5 portions of fruits and vegetables (1).
You may also be interested in: Our Recommended Greens Powder
The formula is essentially there to ensure the consumer is receiving the correct amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants every day before they even start eating.
The New Vitality Ruby Reds formula, as mentioned above, contains over 50 ingredients that each have their own health benefits.
However, New Vitality chooses to only focus on a selection of the ingredients – these ingredients will be the ones that show the most impressive health benefits, concerning what benefits the Ruby Reds mix is said to have.
The Ruby Reds ingredients list is shown in full on both the product page on the New Vitality website and also on the Amazon page.
The brand is transparent about the ingredients, as well as the amount of each ingredient within the mix, apart from the ‘proprietary fruit and vegetable oxy blend’ in it.
So, let’s take a look at the ingredients that are marketed most because of their benefits within the Ruby Reds formula.
- Pomegranate – Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory properties and is packed with antioxidants, helps to lower blood pressure, helps to reduce arthritis and can prevent and help to treat certain types of cancer (2).
- Acai – Acai berries are full of antioxidants which helps with the removal of toxins in the body and protect cells from radical change, they increase brain function, may prevent certain types of cancer and lower cholesterol (3).
- Maqui – Maqui berries are full of up to three times more antioxidants than blueberries or strawberries. They help to reduce the risk of radical change in the body, may prevent certain cancers, reduce inflammation, protect against heart disease (4).
- Papaya – Papaya is full of antioxidants that fight radical change, as well as having anti-inflammatory properties. It may prevent certain cancers, improves the health of the heart and improves the skin’s appearance (5).
- Probiotic Blend – The probiotic blend contains 7 different types of probiotics. Probiotics help boost the immune system, aid the digestive process, increase heart health and protect the body from various illnesses.
- Enzyme Blend – The enzyme blend contains 6 different enzymes. Enzymes help the body absorb nutrients properly, ensure the digestive system is full of healthy bacteria and maintain metabolism.
The New Vitality Ruby Reds formula tastes great. The formula is naturally flavored by both the fruit extracts within the mix, but also by maltodextrin and stevia extract and therefore tastes like a refreshing fruit juice.
This is probably one of the better tasting superfoods powders out there. It is pleasant to drink in water, so there’s no need to try and put it in a smoothie to cover the taste. However, some might find it slightly too sweet for their liking.
New Vitality provide a variety of options when it comes to the cost of their products When it comes to the Ruby Reds formula, it can be bought on a one-time purchase, it can be purchased on a subscription, or multiple tubs can be bought at once.
The tubs of Ruby Reds are 10.9oz (309g) which is a much larger tub size when comparing with other brand’s superfoods powders, and even bigger than New Vitality’s Royal Greens formula.
New Vitality recommends a serving size of 0.36oz (10.3g), which is a large serving size, suggesting that the brand is being transparent about the number of servings in the tub.
If you were to use this serving size, one tub of Ruby Reds would last 30 days (if consumed once a day). Obviously, if you used a smaller serving size, one tub would last you a lot longer than 30 days, and you might be pleasantly surprised.
One tub, on a one-time purchase, from the New Vitality website costs $49.95. If you were to use the recommended serving size of 10.3g, then the cost per serving would be $1.66. This is quite an expensive serving size and doesn’t make the product very economically friendly, as the brand suggests.
- If you order one tub, on a subscription every 30 days, it will cost you $39.95. If you were to use the recommended serving size of 10.3g, this is a cost per serving of $1.33. This is a more reasonable price in comparison to other brands, but it’s a subscription – you might not want a subscription if trying the product for the first time.
- If you order two tubs of Ruby Reds, you get one free. This will cost you $79.90. If you were to use the recommended serving size of 10.3g, this is a cost per serving of $0.89. This is a low cost per serving.
- If you order four tubs of Ruby Reds, you get two for free. This will cost you $159.80. If you were to use the recommended serving size of 10.3g, this is a cost per serving of $0.89, which is the same as if you ordered two tubs. This doesn’t seem to make sense and feels like the brand is trying to trick people into thinking they are getting a better price if they order more.
It mentions on the New Vitality website that the brand is committed to keeping their products as cheap as possible because they want to make health supplements available to a wide range of people.
However, the cost per serving prices isn’t cheap, unless you order several tubs of the formula (which initially costs more money).
If you want to try New Vitality Ruby Reds, it is most likely best to order a one-time purchase tub, to see if the product works for you. If it does, then you can put a larger order in, and you will be saving a significant amount of money.
New Vitality is a trusted brand that has been around for a long time, and with the Ruby Reds formula being one of the brand’s most popular products, there’s a substantial amount of reviews about it online.
The Ruby Reds product page on the New Vitality website does have a selection of reviews, but we always check reviews on third party websites so we are looking at honest feedback. If you just look at what is written on the brand’s website, it could be biased and therefore misleading.
The majority of reviews about the Ruby Reds mix are complimentary, and the taste is a big positive overall.
Take a look below to see a couple of the positive reviews (5):
Overall, the product is amazing! I definitely can tell the difference in the amount of energy it gives me vs. when I don’t take it. What I like most about Ruby Red is that it help with my digestive tract and we all know people don’t like having indigestion ha. I would totally recommend this product to anybody who is looking for something that gets the job done efficiently!
I was looking for something to compliment another brand of “green” drink that I am taking and have found this to be a great compliment! This one gives you almost as much of a lift as the veggie drink but with a nice fruity taste. Pretty good by itself, but if you mix it with some type of cranberry juice (or “blend”, such as cran/apple, cran/grape, etc.) you’ll want to gobble it right down. This product is a winner!
Although, there are some reviews online that are less complimentary about the product. The majority of the critical reviews are with regards to the taste.
The taste of a product is a very personal preference, and therefore shouldn’t be taken too seriously.
There are more positive reviews concerning the taste than negative ones. However, some of the negative reviews are concerning the lead warning on the product – this should be taken seriously. Take a look at some of the negative reviews on this product below (5) :
Here’s one for you: GREAT product I can’t use! There is so much Stevia included that it’s so “sickenly” sweet it’s beyond anything I could imagine. I’m stuck with a bunch so I am trying to figure out what to mix it with to cut the taste. I honestly can’t imagine anyone actually liking the taste, but if you do that great. I mean it. They should offer the product with no sweetening.
I like this stuff a lot and have used it for years to make my morning shake. Very good Now I just saw for the first time container has a sticker and it says contains LEAD! Per some California law, they need to disclose this. Don’t take this.
At the time of writing this review, New Vitality Ruby Reds isn’t stocked in any high street shops and you can only purchase the formula on the New Vitality website, third party health and wellbeing websites, and Amazon. We always recommend purchasing supplements and powders from the brand’s direct website just in case you experience any problems with your order.
The Ruby Reds formula by New Vitality is a great product because of the delicious taste, nutritious ingredients, and positive reviews. However, the Ruby Reds formula is more expensive than other competitor health brand’s superfoods formulas when bought as a one-time purchase.
The fact that the brand hasn’t released an obvious allergens list is also concerning for those that want to consume the product but follow specific diets, have allergies or intolerances.
Overall, the New Vitality Ruby Reds powder is a beneficial formula in terms of varied ingredients, probiotics, and enzymes. However, it is expensive in comparison to other brands, it’s concerning that there could be lead in the product and it doesn’t have an obvious allergens list.
Our Recommended Greens
Among the best in green superfood powders is SuperGreen TONIK.
Its amazing how this supplement combines organic greens, brain and immune nutrients, all in one easy, great tasting drink. Plus, you get all the vitamin and mineral you need each day.
- Hi, my name is Sandra! I am the main author and reviewer of Super Greens Expert. I am a keen juicer as I was want to get all my daily veggies. Having found super greens I now use one such supplement daily.